Welcome to St Michael's
We have been able to reopen our church for worship and private prayer during Advent and to celebrate our Lord's birth at Christmas.
Sadly we couldn't hold our usual Messy Christingle. Instead packs to make Christingles at home have been sent to the children in our Discoverers Kids Club and Little Angels Tots Group and we held a Christingle service on 13th December.
Watch the recording of our Christingle Service here.
St Michael's is still very much alive as a ‘virtual community’. We are using Zoom to hold online services and activities, alongside those that we can hold in person.
• Sunday morning services usually at 10.00 am via Zoom
• Early Evening Prayer on Sundays at 3.30 pm in church (Holy Communion on 3rd Sunday)
• Prayer Wave online at 9.30 am on Wednesdays
• Little Angels is online at 1.30 pm on Thursdays in term-time
• Joyful Singers Community Choir practices via Zoom on 2nd and 4th Thursdays at 6.00 pm
• Virtual Coffee Mornings at 10.00 am on the 2nd Saturday of the month
• Churchyard Gardening Club 10.00 am to 2.00 pm on the 3rd Saturday of the month
Sign up for our Newsletter for regular updates about what is happening.
Owing to social distancing regulations there is a limit to the number of people we can have in church, so for some services you need to pre-book. You must wear a face covering, unless you have a valid exemption. For Covid Test and Trace, as you arrive, we will take your name and a contact number. If you use the NHS Test and Trace app we have posters displaying our QR code for you to use. We have taken all sensible precautions in reopening the church (cleaning, social distancing, etc), but only you know whether there are additional risks that make it unwise for you to visit church at the moment. Please do not come into church if you have Covid-19 symptoms.
Baptisms and Weddings
There are restrictions in place for baptisms, weddings and funerals at present. If you would like to discuss holding your special event after lockdown or reserve a date for later in the year, please email the Parish Administrator (email@example.com) or call 01522 881664.